Does boxed equal boring? Not even close. Use a boxed stuffing mix as the base for this super-easy stuffing recipe that has deliciously sweet and savory flavors.
- 1 1/2 cup frozen onion and celery mix
- 2 cups mushroom broth, hot
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, such as cranberries, cherries, or chopped apricots
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- One 6-ounce box plain stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add the onion and celery mix, the broth, the dried fruit, the stuffing mix and the Parmesan to a large bowl and toss to combine. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add vegetable oil to a cast iron skillet and place in the oven to heat, about 5-7 minutes. When the pan is hot, but before the oil is smoking, add the dressing to the hot pan.
4. Smooth out the mixture to evenly distribute. Bake uncovered until the top is golden brown and crispy, and the center is moist but not wet, about 35-40 minutes.
Post a Comment